Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust (RGCT) developed the Indira Gandhi Eye Hospitals and Research Centres (IGEHRCs) to provide world-class eye care infrastructure and eliminate needless blindness in Northern India. Eye health is one of the most important aspects of healthcare and poor people are most affected by lack of eye care. The genesis of IGEHRC was in the to overcome service gap due to inadequate human resources and infrastructure with imbalanced eye care delivery resulting in gross under delivery of quality eye care in North India. Today, IGEHRC operations are operationalized through a team of highly trained deeply motivated and extremely committed medical, paramedical and managerial staff. This highly qualified team together with the most advanced equipment and infrastructure has created an award-winning, highly ranked and trusted eye institutions in Uttar Pradesh, National Capital Region (NCR) and Haryana
To be the provider of world class eye care to the poorest of poor
- Cater to the eye care needs across northern India by opening satellite hospitals in rural areas
- Continuously Increase outreach program to cover progressively more people.
- Train and empower women from rural areas and enable their employment.
- Provide development and growth to the doctors and other employees.
- Create and maintain a sustainable financial model adequate enough to serve the poorest of the poor.
- Provide quality treatment and procedures
- Treat every patient with dignity and compassion
- Respect and value patients’ time by ensuring speed
- Respect employees and provide professional growth
- Work as a team to deliver best value
- Listen to patients feedback and improve processes